What is a charter school?
Charter schools are public schools of choice. They are tuition-free* and financed the same way as other public schools. Governed locally by parents, citizens and educators, charter schools are free to be innovative in their design and are highly accountable to the community. Charter school students are subject to the same standardized tests found in Thompson School District.
* Excluding full-day kindergarten.
Who can attend a charter school?
Applications will be accepted for all grades kindergarten through 8th.
What is unique about NVCS?
- Core Knowledge Curriculum.
- Smaller class size to improve the educational experience of each student .
- Foreign language for all students – New Vision Charter School recognizes the importance of fluency in more than one language and that research has shown that it is much easier to gain fluency in a second language during the elementary years than later years.
- Character training – Every student will receive age appropriate, non-religious character education. Major topics will include personal responsibility, accountability, respect for others, respect for community and citizenship.
How are charter schools funded?
Public charter schools are funded using the same per pupil funding as non-charter public schools within the school district. Statewide, in 2001-2002 the average revenue received by non-charter public schools was $9,127 per pupil. The average revenue received by public charter schools was less than $6,500.
Will we have to pay tuition?
New Vision Charter School is a tuition-free school of choice, however, students are still subject to the Student Material Fee for each school year.
Where is NVCS located?
New Vision Charter School is located 2366 East 1st Street in Loveland, just east of Denver Avenue.
Does NVCS have school uniforms?
New Vision Charter School students are not be required to wear a school uniform, however, a strict dress code is enforced to preserve the integrity of the education environment.
What are the school hours?
School hours are scheduled from 8:00am to 3:30pm Monday thru Friday. Morning Kindergarten hours are from 8:00am to 11:15am. Afternoon Kindergarten hours are from 12:15pm to 3:30pm. In addition, New Vision will not initiate an early out Wednesday for any grade level.
How do I enroll my children?
The first step is to attend an Enrollment Clinic. Enrollment clinics offer parents the opportunity to learn more about New Vision Charter School through a one-hour presentation. These clinics also offer parents the opportunity to fill out an enrollment form. Please refer to the Student Enrollment section of this website for a list of scheduled clinics.
How can I help as a parent?
There are a couple things you can do as a parent to get involved. There are many opportunities for parent involvement right now. We have several committees that need dedicated people to serve on them. If you are interested in volunteering for at New Vision please take a moment to fill out our online volunteer form.